05 – Publish A Kindle eBook
Publishing an Kindle eBook is another simple way of generating consistent passive income.
Did you know that Amazon.com is the biggest competitor to Google than any other search engine like Yahoo or Bing?
More shoppers try to search a product on Amazon than on any traditional search engine. When people want in-depth information on a specific topic, they don’t search for blog posts on Google but instead try to find a highly recommended book on Amazon.
Your aim should be to leverage the power of Amazon.com’s growing outreach and popularity to generate a stable passive income source.
People who have in-depth knowledge on a certain topic or love to do research and explain it in an easily understood from.
- Ability to provide detailed insights on a particular topic.
- Ability to provide some extraordinary tips for solving people’s problems.
Time Required For Creating An eBook
The time required completely depends on the creator of the eBook. What topics he/she wants to cover? How many details does the creator want to include?
These are the important factors that define the time required.
- Research, research and research. It is the key to successful Kindle eBook product. Research about what people are looking for in the domain related to your eBook’s topic.
For example, if you are creating an eBook on ‘Yoga exercises to lose weight’ look for how many people are looking for yoga exercises to lose weight on the internet and Amazon? What are their expectations from a book?
You can easily conduct this research by studying the comments, reviews and popularity of the existing competitor’s books on Amazon.
- Write for one reader. When you know your ideal reader, you know how much he/she already knows.
You can avoid boring him/her with obvious information, and you can provide exactly the information he/she’s looking for.
- Check out how many people are asking questions on the topic you have chosen, using websites such as Quora, Yahoo Answers, and WikiAnswers.
More questions mean more people are looking for answers and that’s a good sign.
- Look out for the market gaps in your selected domain. And see whether there’s demand for some topic, see whether your eBook can cater that demand.
- Visit Amazon.com and see how many books are present in your selected domain. Are people buying those books?
This will help you to understand the demand and purchasing ability of the market in your domain.
- Find a few friendly readers who match your ideal reader profile and give them your first draft.
Not only will they help make your book better, it will also boost your confidence.
How To Monetize
Sign up to Kindle Direct Publishing Program, with this you award exclusive distribution rights for your Kindle eBook to Amazon.
This will allow you to sell your eBook in all the countries where Amazon.com is available giving it a massive exposure at launch.
Create a small niche site on the related topic and promote your eBook through it. The more eBooks you sell the more money you make.